Brain Dribble - Author H.A. Fowler

Just what the title says -- another blog from award-winning author H.A. Fowler, author of paranormal romance, dark fantasy, horror and erotica since 1998.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

So many climaxes! *Evil Grin*

As far as current and upcoming projects go, that is. ;)

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meterZokutou word meter
36,312 / 50,000
(72.0%)


Decent productivity, and even better, I'm getting down to the last of it plotwise! Tomorrow's chapter will be the climax, and then there's only three more after that, barring any weird demands from the story or characters.

I have to say, I've been sort of surprised at the direction OTHERWORLD has gone. It's *much* darker than I originally expected it to be. The horror elements are a great deal stronger than in the original, which makes me happy, since that's what dark fantasy is supposed to be about. I'm a little concerned, though, how it will be received by readers. I mean, it's still a romance at the core, and there's plenty of steamy scenes, but it's very much about Harrigan and his insecurities and fears as a man and as a vampire. It's very bloody, and very violent.

Now, I LOVE that stuff, and I know a lot of my readers do too (*waves to Buffy people*), but what will my publisher think?

I guess we'll see before too much longer!

~

Tentative good news -- it looks like my erotic short vampire story (I say that a lot, don't I? *G*), POSITIVE ENCOUNTER, will be featured in the 2006 VAMPROTICA anthology from Chippewa Publishing! I haven't signed a contract yet, so it's technically not official, but I heard from Chippewa/Lady Aibell's Rebecca Peck, and it looks like this is going to happen! I'm REALLY excited about it. For one thing, I LOVED VAMPROTICA 2005 -- if you haven't checked it out yet, it's DEFINITELY worth a read! Which leads me to the other reason I'm psyched -- it's available in PRINT from like, BOOKSTORES, MAN! *dances*



It's also available in ebook format, for those who prefer it! :)

More details as they become available!

~

Finally, I'm about to embark on the second round of edits for THE VEIL! Almost done, and only three months until the re-release!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home