Brain Dribble - Author H.A. Fowler

Just what the title says -- another blog from award-winning author H.A. Fowler, author of paranormal romance, dark fantasy, horror and erotica since 1998.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

OTHERWORLD 1st Draft is DONE! And other news!

I'M DONE I'M DONE I'M DONE I'M DONE I'M DONE I'M DONE I'M DONE I'M DONE I'M DONE I'M DONE!

Ladies and gentlemen, the first draft of OTHERWORLD is DONE.

Fifty five THOUSAND words, yo! In a little over two weeks. Yeah, baby! *dances*

I'm taking the night off to slack. Well... mostly. I have a proposal due for a new series I'm working on for Freya's Bower, and I need to flesh out the outline for my holiday story, BETTER NOT CRY, which is due next week.

So... not really taking the night off. *G* Plus, I have 55,000 words to type now.

Announcement: there are no real nights off for a busy writer. Which is the only kind of writer to be.

Coming up:
* Outline Dark Fantasy Seminar I'm giving in January
* Type OTHERWORLD, submit
* Outline IN DARKNESS, WE series for editor (a series of 12 HOT SHORTS! To be published in PRINT next year! *dances*)
* BETTER NOT CRY (Due 8/15)
* Final Edits on THE VEIL
* Plot CITY OF NIGHT from outline & finish character sketches
* Edits for POSITIVE ENCOUNTER (once the contract's signed) - to appear in Chippewa's VAMPROTICA '06 ANTHOLOGY! Whee!
* Start Plotting my Entry for ELLORA'S CAVEMEN '07

I'm tired just typing all of that. And just to think--classes start in less than two weeks, and I have a full courseload this semester: Literary Trends & Movements; Shakespeare; American Lit to the Civil War, Creative Non-Fiction, and Myth and Modern Mythmaking.

Plus a "real" job.

You know what I need? A clone. And/or a personal assistant.

Upcoming Appearence Schedule:
(all times are EST)


  • Fri.-Sun, August 11-13, On and off all day: Evolution Writers' Board Discussion -http://www.evolutionwriters.com/forums/ - Come discuss the art and craft of writing with the writers of Cobblestone Press!

  • Friday August 11, 5-10pm: Freya's Bower Author Chat - http://www.freyasbower.com/chat

  • Sunday August 13, 9-11pm: The Romance Studio Chat with Myself and other Freya's Bower authors! http://www.theromancestudio.com/chat.php

1 Comments:

  • At 1:28 AM, Blogger H.A. Fowler said…

    I am busy--but that's always good, in this business!

    Thanks very much. I'm excited about the future right now!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home